Thursday, May 3, 2012

Virginia Sweet Virginia!

         After living apart for three months Brock and I are finally together in our new Virginia home. Even though we've only been together here for about a week we've had a ton of adventures. Our new home town of Herndon is a cute small town with local events and (my favorite) local bakers!!! It didn't take long for me to find a little bakery and to discover their wonderful zucchini bread! This bread is the best way to eat your vegetables, lightly sweet and lots of zucchini!
           Earlier this week we headed down to Virginia Beach for a work event that Brock had, which meant I had the tough job of enjoying the beach all day while he worked. I was able to get him out on the beach one evening just in time for the sunset and to catch sight of several beautiful dolphins. Who would have thought that we could see dolphins in early May in Virginia? I felt silly, thinking that they were sharks at first but quickly realized they were in fact dolphins! It was a truly beautiful  time!

5 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, I miss you! But I'm so happy that you and Brock are together again and FUN for being in Virginia! :) My mom actually lived in Herndon for a few years in middle school and high school until she left for college! And also, I'm gonna be in Boston this summer so we should totally get together sometime :) Anyways have fun (and congrats on the pregnancy--my birthday is October 4th!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kailee that is so cool, life is just full of surprises! I'm excited that you're coming out this way!! Let me know when you're going to be in the great city of Boston so we can hang out!! It'll be so good to see you again (since I was so good about visiting the Bookstore last semester!) :)

      Delete
  2. oh how fun. it's always so nice to be reunited isn't it? take advantage of everything you get to see and do! how long will you be there for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps, i promise i'm not a robot... haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cassia, those are wonderful words, how could I ever think they came from anyone other than your beautiful self!

      Delete